New Wave Swim Buoy - Dark Keltic Greene (Kelly Green)
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 liter) - PVC Kelly Green (Clearly a factory color Pantone mistake - but it's cheap, right?)
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and stand up paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Capacity: 15L & 20L
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
I love it! I feel so much safer and relaxed swimming in the lake. I'll swim more because I have it.
I like that this is a little smaller than the 20L version. It is a dry bag too!
Use my swim buoy multiple times a week for a 2+ mile open water swim. It works wonderfully well, I love the color, and feel much safer because i know that the boats can see me. Highly recommend!
I hate to swim alone because it makes me nervous. This buoy has helped me feel more comfortable and safe enjoying solo swims at my local river. The buoy is comfortable and almost unnoticeable, except if swimming against a current. Its design is great--stays out of the way and is never bumping against my legs or swinging way out (so long as you make the belt snug). I love that I can keep my inhaler with me on swims, too! Can't wait to use it on my next ocean swim :)
My swim buoy arrived within three days, and I used it for a one-mile lake swim last week. It was fabulous! I felt much safer alone on the lake knowing I had a buoy if I wanted to rest. It held my weight (130lbs) easily. The inner compartment is an added bonus and kept my cell phone and car key nice and dry. I was delightfully surprised to find that the buoy came with a cell phone dry-bag and neon green swim cap!