New Wave Swim Bubble for Open Water Swimmers and Triathletes - Orange Triathlon Swim Buoy
New Wave Swim Bubble for Open Water Swimmers and Triathletes - Orange
From the makers of the New Wave Swim Buoy, introducing the BUBBLE - this model of our open water float has no drybag, which means the Bubble weighs only 8 oz - no drag and a sturdy handle for floating and running.
- New Wave Swim Bubble is the ultralight swim buoy that provides a safe way to float and rest during your swims. New Wave Swim Bubble is the best open water swim buoy for those looking for a simple swimming buoy without any additional weight-adding features.
- The Bubble is similar to the original New Wave Swim Buoy but it is crafted without the attached dry bag compartment. We know not everyone needs to bring their wallet, car keys and cellphone with them for their Ironman training swims. The Bubble swim safety buoy is larger, more buoyant, and lighter than its predecessor, the New Wave Swim Buoy.
- The Swim Bubble gently tows behind you without pulling you back or adding extra drag to your swim. The Swim Bubble provides reassurance for safer swimmers by adding extra visibility and floatation, in case you cramp up or simply need rest. The Swim Bubble is light (8oz) so it will be easy to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave buoy and bubble safe swim series add to your swim safety, they do not replace a personal flotation device (PFD) or a life vest.
- Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water, but the New Wave Swim Bubble will display your location prominently. Pair this brightly-colored swim float with a New Wave swim cap to be exceptionally noticeable. Be Bright & Be Seen by speed boats and jet skis to avoid getting decapitated. Some have even said this swimmers buoy may be visible from space, but that might just be due to advancements in satellite technology.
- The New Wave series of triathlon training buoys help make you a safer swimmer by combining utility with visibility. This New Wave buoy is essentially a lifeguard float which will help track or log your swims with a coach, lifeguard or swim buddy.
New Wave Swim Bubble dimensions: 16 inches tall x 8 inch diameter. 20 liter Air Capacity (no dry bag storage compartment). This size is sufficient to support buoyancy of a swimmer up to 250 lbs (all muscle).
Very happy with purchase! Arrived before I thought it would. Came with some awesome freebies. Ise it every week.
(PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH MY EMAIL ADDRESS)
I am a master age 180 lbs swimmer. Over many years of open water training I have towed a traditional life guard rescue tube with a six foot lanyard. The down side is constantly tangling my legs in the lanyard. Even shorting the lanyard, the rescue tube impedes kicking. When swimming, the New Wave Swim Buoy floats above the buttocks and thus there is never a leg tangle. Unlike the rescue tube there is no shoulder strap to slide down on my arm, thus my stroke is never impeded . While not a substitute for the applications designed for a professional life guard rescue tube, the Swim Buoy provides good buoyancy., is easy to grip through the integrated handle and comfortable to lay on and "dog paddle" and kick to shallow water. The orange color really stands out. Combined with the matching color swim cap gives me two points of recognition. The Swim Buoy is the ultimate safety device for an experienced swimmer.
PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH MY EMAIL ADDRESS
My sister introduced me to the Swim Buoy for our trip to Greece so that we could have the added protection during our sailing trips. I loved the security I having one attached to me especially if I get tired of swimming in open water, I could have the safety net of leaning onto to Swim Buoy. I will definitely plan on having one with me during any travels that might find me in water.
Used it in open water. I’m 5’10” 185. Works as a flotation device too. Holds me up with no problem