New Wave Swim Buoy for Open Water - Medium (15 Liter) w/ Drybag - PVC Fluo Green
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
Easy to use. Kept my car key dry and safely nearby. I was concerned the buoy would get in the way, esp. if there were swells and wind. But it was so out of the way I reached back several times to make sure it was really still there.
Very prompt delivery. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. The buoy looks really good and appears to work as advertised.
arrived quickly, really good product, like it very much. senior woman swimmer feels more confident swimming in open ocean
I finally had a chance to use the "New Wave Swim Buoy - Med (15 liter) PVC Fluo Green" that I bought, directly from NewWave.com, a few weeks ago. AND I LOVE IT! It's great for swimming freestyle in open water with its super florecent color. Lifeguard, loved ones and ANYONE can see me from ashore regardless how far I'm out. It's a WONDERFUL added water safety device. I bought the kind where I can put items (keys, wallet, phone, etc) inside it too! It inflats and deflats in a snap! And if you want to take a break from swimming, you can hold onto to the bouy and relax. I, however, did NOT like the waterproof phone holder that came with it. The black plastic tabs kept falling off to the ground as I was trying to secure the waterproof seal on it. I actually threw it away. They are better options available without having to deal with plastic tabs. Overall, I absolutely love my "New Wave Swim Buoy". I highly recommend to anyone and everyone!
I love this buoy. It works great as a dry bag and is so helpful for open water swimming.