New Wave Swim Buoy - Med (15 liter) PVC Fluo Green
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
Works great. Love the swim bouy and the dry bag works great! 2 swims in and I cant wait to get back in the lake.
used my buoy in the pool first just to make sure it was truly dry and how it would feel to tow. worked great! will get to open water soon.
I was finally able to try my swim buoy yesterday evening.it gave me a nice sense of security as the lake I am swimming in Goes to at least 60 feet deep within 4 feet of the shore. In fact swim buoys are required in order to swim in the lake. I have the 15 L and I stopped about 25 yards out and held the buoy in front of me to check floatation I weigh about 165 and it did just fine. I also bought the dry bag for my phone and keys as I swim alone. the dry compartment of the buoy stayed dry but I would recommend the dry bag for your phone or your electronic keys also. Better safe than sorry. All of my gear has been locked up at the natatorium for almost 2 months so I did not have a swim cap. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that Andrei had thrown a swim cap and some other goodies in the package I would definitely recommend Andrei’s products to other people. And have left his information with the managers at the lake where I swim
I haven't gotten in the water with it yet, but wow! Will I be seen!! The color is great and from using New Wave Swim Buoy in the past, I know it's a great product!
Amazing! excellent buoy. accompanied already in training at sea and lake. signals and ensures safety to continue training in open water. congratulations !