New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 Liter) - PVC Yellow
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swimming Safety Float is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds.
Inflatable Swim Buoy Swim Float Dry Bag
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" tall x 10" wide - when deflated & drybag unrolled) [58 cm x 25 cm] is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds. When drybag is folded, it's 16" tall [40 cm]
- Large-20L (25" tall x 12" wide - when deflated and unrolled) [63 cm x 30 cm] is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear. When drybag is folded, it's 17" tall [43 cm].
great and safe
This is the third New Wave Swim Buoy I’ve purchased, in order to replace the well-worn buoys I’ve used in the past. Don’t know how long they are supposed to last but mine have been good for slightly more than two years. I recommend them highly for safety purposes but would double-bag any electronic devices (key fobs included) in order to avoid mishaps...
The product is awesome. Excellent material and very brightly. I'm a peruvian swimmer.
I bought a 10units package (silver) and I received the products on time and with many gifts.
Andrei Lozovik and staff provided the BEST customer service I have encountered in a longtime! Lightening fast shipping and 5 star customer service can't be beat, job well done New Wave Swim Buoy.