New Wave Swim Buoy - Med (15 liter) PVC Fluo Green
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
So far I am enjoying my swim buoy. After using a handful of times Love the color and it is extremely noticeable on the water. I have had boaters, paddle borders comment how well they could see me in the water. When doing open water swim training with others found it easy to find me(green). although there is a pocket put your key, cell phone as they advertise... do not trust this to be waterproof. Make sure you put your cell phone and keys in something waterproof due to the fact that the pocket itself water leaks into it. Other than that it’s been a really great buoy.
I would definitely recommend this.
The Swim Buoy let me keep track of my fellow swimmers and allow us to push harder without fear of losing sight of each other. Our swim party have swimmers that swim at different speeds. In the past the fast swimmer would need to slow down to keep together but with the Swim Buoy that swimmer can swim at their own pace without losing sight of their fellow swimmers.
Awesome buoy. I went to the river with it and I had few people in kayaks asking me about it. Feels great to have it with me in a very busy day with so many people in kayaks that day. I love the compartment for the phone and other gears, feels great to have my phone with me and not to worry about getting it wet or lost.
Will recommend it for sure.
I love the swim buoy-I can find my grandchildren in the lake at a glance and know they are safe as they grab the product if they get tired. I bought one for all eight of them. The customer service was superb!