New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 Liter) w/ Drybag - PVC Yellow
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swimming Safety Float is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds.
Inflatable Swim Buoy Swim Float Dry Bag
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" tall x 10" wide - when deflated & drybag unrolled) [58 cm x 25 cm] is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds. When drybag is folded, it's 16" tall [40 cm]
- Large-20L (25" tall x 12" wide - when deflated and unrolled) [63 cm x 30 cm] is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear. When drybag is folded, it's 17" tall [43 cm].
This buoy is perfect for storing your key while you swim. Additionally it provides great visibility to boaters. I feel safer with this on. Does not interfere with swim at all.
Love the fact you can keep keys and phone with you. Love the brightness and size. Easy to wrap your arms around
The swim buoy is easy to use, keeps my keys and phone dry, and makes me feel safe in open water where there are power boats speeding around.
Me parecen unos productos tan buenos, que me da rabia no tenerlos mas cerca =)
IN lOVE de las gafas y de todos los productos!!!
Magnifica calidad y precio!
I think they are such good products, that it makes me angry not to have them closer =)
IN lOVE of the glasses and of all the products!!!
Magnificent quality and price!
First buoy I've ever used in open water and it was perfect! Couple times I had to adjust my goggles and this buoy did a great job of keeping me afloat!