New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 Liter) - PVC Yellow
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swimming Safety Float is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds.
Inflatable Swim Buoy Swim Float Dry Bag
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" tall x 10" wide - when deflated & drybag unrolled) [58 cm x 25 cm] is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds. When drybag is folded, it's 16" tall [40 cm]
- Large-20L (25" tall x 12" wide - when deflated and unrolled) [63 cm x 30 cm] is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear. When drybag is folded, it's 17" tall [43 cm].
I ordered my swim buoy and got it very fast even to Alaska. Enjoyed using it on my next swim with a group of swimmers and relaxing with it under my head on a nice sunny day. Used again when camping near a lake. Feels safer using it. Lots of options of keep afloat when tired. Under head, holding on chest.
Swam 1.5 miles this weekend. Folks on docks and boats noted they could easily see the neon yellow bouy. I felt significantly more visible and had alot of time to wonder why I waited so long...
Perfect for open water swimming. Great visibility - both for seeing others swimming with you and for others to see you.
I ordered my buoy and was all set, then received an email saying my buoy could not be delivered.
Andrei, verified my address through a series of texts and I received my buoy, in time to swim that weekend.
In normal times I swim 4-5 days a week and had not been swimming for 8 weeks. Since reciving the New Wave Buoy I have been swimming in Lake Mead 2 times a week. Thank you Andrei.
I am very impressed with the quality and visibility of this product. As pools are currently closed, swim team athletes like my children are finding open water options during the pandemic. New Wave was extremely prompt in sending the buoys I ordered and even sent some extra items! I ordered 3 more and will definitely recommend New Wave products to our USA swim teammates and coaches.