New Wave Swim Buoy - Large (20 liter) PVC Orange
New Wave Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
What is TPU Material?
This buoy is made of high-performance fabric called Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). While the conventional swim buoys are made of PVC fabric, the TPU fabric has enhanced tear and abrasion strength and is unaffected by sunscreen oils and chemicals like chlorine. TPU fabric is will not degrade with outdoor exposure to bacteria and UV solar radiation. TPU is recyclable.
Dimensions for Large (25" x 12")
Suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds
Why Swim with a Buoy?
If you are an avid ocean, sea, lake, pond or river swimmer, we strongly encourage you to check out this safety device – New Wave Swim Buoy - as you never know what currents, cramps or other irregularities could occur during your open water swim. Instead of your child using the arm floaties or a kickboard where they will have a horrible positioning of their body for swimming, they could use the New Wave Swim Buoy and thus have a backup solution if they need to take a rest. Just strap the safety product around your waist and get yourself lost in the wonders of the underwater world. Swim trekking, island hopping, open-water orienteering- even if you are an advanced swimmer who is pushing the possibilities of the sport of swimming, taking with you the New Wave Swim Buoy is always a good idea.
360 Degree View of New Wave Swim Buoy - Large (20 Liter) - TPU Material in Orange
Frequently asked question:
Question: What is the difference between Medium (15L) and Large (20L) buoy?
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
Question: Will the DRY bag compartment keep my cell phone DRY?
Answer: NO, the dry bag is NOT WATERPROOF. Protect your CELL PHONE and electronic CAR KEYS by placing them into WATERPROOF CASE (not provided). You can also Saran-wrap your cell phone 4 times before placing it in the dry bag.
I love this swim bouy! Easy to use and great for me as I carry my phone to take photos and an inhaler just in case so it works perfectly. Great colour and highly recommened
Several member of the team are using the new waves and highly recommended it. I purchased the upgraded version with the waterproof tote system. The truth is a couldn't tell the difference between the original basic and the new waterproof system. They are both low profile and have high visibility. As an open ocean swimmer both aspects are very important and new waves meets both the criteria. Highly recommended.
I love the new wave swim buoy. It has given me confidence that boats and PWCs will see me when I am swimming in open water.
It was a great decision to get the buoy and the swim cap is also great. Love the neon orange. Hard to miss.
This is very easy to use. Boaters now tell me they can see me easily in the water. There is no drag whatsoever and it is easy to hook up. I used it with the dry pack for my phone and it kept my phone completely dry. It also keeps you afloat if you want to rest while swimming. I highly recommend this when swim in open water.
We bought two medium buoys and have found them to be great in open water swims for floatation, to warn boats away from us and storing fuel supplies.