New Wave Swim Buoy - Large (20 Liter) w/ Drybag Nylon - TPU Orange
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Large (20 liter) - TPU Orange
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
What is TPU Material?
This buoy is made of high-performance fabric called Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). While the conventional swim buoys are made of PVC fabric, the TPU fabric has enhanced tear and abrasion strength and is unaffected by sunscreen oils and chemicals like chlorine. TPU fabric will not degrade with outdoor exposure to bacteria and UV solar radiation. TPU is recyclable.
Dimensions for Large (25" x 12")
Suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
How to Use it Video
What is TPU-Coated Nylon Fabric? This New Wave Swim Buoy is made of high-performance Nylon that is coated with TPU (Thermoplastic PolyUrethane). While the conventional swim buoys are made of PVC fabric, this TPU-coated Nylon (TPU-Nylon) has enhanced tear and abrasion strength and is unaffected by sunscreen oils and chemicals like chlorine. TPU-Nylon will not degrade with outdoor exposure to bacteria and UV solar radiation. TPU-Nylon is recyclable.
Specifications for New Wave Swim Buoy 15L Medium (24" x 10"). Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds. Buoyant force of 9 KG or 20 LBS.
Specs for New Wave Swim Buoy 20L Large (26” x 12”). Suggested for Swimmers over 190 pounds. Buoyant force of 15 KG or 33 LBS.
The 20L swim buoy is just big enough for shoes, a water bottle, and keys. It toes easily behind my feet with minimal resistance. The waistband adjusts from tiny to in excess of a 54” waist.
I swim spring fed rivers in Florida year round, typically doing a 6 mile route that takes 90 minutes, downstream. The swim buoy is handy for carrying my shoes, water, and keys. I did add a SUP leash to the tether strap to permit diving. When swimming through obstacles, it is advisable to tuck in the excess length to avoid snagging.
On at least two occasions, companions have cramped up from the cold temperatures. Having a flotation device that can be quickly attached to their waist has allowed them to recover while ensuring that a rescue could be performed easily if the situation had gone south.
This buoy provides visibility, an opportunity for self rescue, an aid for struggling swimmers in need of rescue, and recovery (yeah…gators). I will never again swim open water alone without having this in tow.
Highly visible, dry bag easy to use even when buoy is inflated, much tougher material than my previous (PVC). New Wave stands behind their products. Excellent company excellent buoy!!
Works great. Does keep items dry as long as you follow the sealing instructions. Make sure to get the right size for you. Medium is good for your height and weight. I ordered a large by mistake. Medium is what I need.
The buoy is great and the service was fast and excellent. I received some great "freebies" along with the swim buoy which I enjoyed a great deal.
My new swim buoy (Prange 20L TPU) is excellent for my swimming routines. Very strong and super brilliant
More from this collection
New Wave Swim Buoy for Open Water - Medium (15 Liter) w/ Drybag - PVC Fluo Green
New Wave Swim Buoy