New Wave Swim Buoy - Large (20 liter) - PVC Fluo Green (Fluorescent Green)
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for safer swimmers under 190 pounds.
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
Excellent piece of mind and storage on OWS. Not sure how i did it without it n the past, additionally, I am now visible to boaters making my family feel better when I am out there.
I recently purchased the New Wave Swim Buoy 20L. I have used swim buoys for several years. However this is the first time I bought the New Wave (I also got the swim caps). Congrats is a great buoy and I am very pleased with it. I like that I can store easily, roll up for more sapace in my bag and the neon green is the best color to have boats aware of your prsence. I friend told me he could spot me really far away from his sport fishing boat. Esay to inflate and deflate. I am very happy with it.
Great piece to add to your gear for open water training. I havent even noticed it while swimming. 20 Liter has plenty of space for your small items you wouldnt leave behind on the shore. I am so glad i purchased this swim buoy.
Excellent quality product that is very visible and helps with flotation when required. Was also used to keep my keys and phone dry and safe, rather than left unsupervised on the beach.
Arrived sooner then I expected. Super visible. Had a friend use it and I could spot her easily in 4 foot rollers. Pleasantly surprised by some extra goodies in my shipment sent to me. One being the awesome super bright swim cap. Easy to inflate and deflate. Love the larger size for larger carrying capacity. Looking forward to using it in a swim run in the future.