New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 Liter) w/ Drybag - PVC Orange
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the safer swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (23" x 10")
Capacity: 15L (Medium)
Suggested for safe swimmers up to and under 190 pounds
Why Swim with a Buoy?
Open Water Swim Buoy (Swim Buoy) is intended to provide visibility in open water, safe place to float and rest, and storage of personal items. If you are an avid sea, lake or river swimmer, we strongly encourage you to check out this swim safety device. Just inflate, strap it around your waist and start swimming! Even if you are an advanced swimmer who is pushing the possibilities of the sport of swimming, swim buoy is always a bright idea. Athletes that have never swam outside of lane lines will gain extra security by having the flotation support of the swim buoy within arm's reach, especially if they don't pace themselves or panic because when they can't touch the bottom. Swim buoy is also for people that swim in high boat traffic areas to increase their visibility to boats. Thirdly, on long distance swims, swimmers can bring nutrition, cell phone & valuables in the drybag portion of the buoy. Swim Buoy is NOT designed to perform as a Personal Flotation Device (PFD).
Frequently asked question:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
this is a 5 star ranking. and this is my second review. i made a mistake on the first one and only gave 4 stars. this company is definitely a 5 stars company. i actually hate review stuff. but new wave helped me out so much, getting what i need to make my husband happy!! thanks again so much.
The order and delivery process was seamless, great product, packaging and presentation. Well Done!
I tried it out in English Bay in Vancouver today - fantastic experience! I felt confident in the open water and didn't feel the need to look up and around after every few strokes. Plus, just after I started out, I was able to hold on to the buoy to adjust my goggles for leakage. Great device!
No leak. Little drag. Satisfied.
Great Love it