New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 Liter) w/ Drybag - Nylon TPU Orange
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy - Medium (15 liter) - TPU Orange
New Wave Open Water Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
What is Nylon TPU Material?
- Dimensions for Medium (23" x 10")
- Capacity: 15L (Medium)
- Suggested for swimmers up to and under 190 pounds
- Inflatable Swim Buoy Swim Float Dry Bag
Frequently asked questions:
1. Question: What is the difference between Medium (15L) and Large (20L) buoy?
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
Q: What is TPU-Coated Nylon Fabric? A: This New Wave Swim Buoy is made of high-performance Nylon that is coated with TPU (Thermoplastic PolyUrethane). While the conventional swim buoys are made of PVC fabric, this TPU-coated Nylon (TPU-Nylon) has enhanced tear and abrasion strength and is unaffected by sunscreen oils and chemicals like chlorine. TPU-Nylon will not degrade with outdoor exposure to bacteria and UV solar radiation. TPU-Nylon is recyclable.
Specifications for New Wave Swim Buoy 15L Medium (24" x 10"). Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds. Buoyant force of 9 KG or 20 LBS.
Specs for New Wave Swim Buoy 20L Large (26” x 12”). Suggested for Swimmers over 190 pounds. Buoyant force of 15 KG or 33 LBS.
Everything I thought it would be
I started open water swimming a few years ago and some people I go with recommended New Wave swim buoys for visibility, convenience, and safety. Since then, I have used them a few times a week on a regular basis.
When I had an issue with my original buoy, Andrei and his team did not hesitate to make things right with me and not only provided credit for a new product and more, but also tossed in a few extra goodies.
In these days of companies looking at only their bottom line, New Wave stands out for their exceptional customer service and valuing customers as people, not just numbers. I am a customer for life now!
Long time open water swimmer, love this buoy. This buoy is my fourth, I’ve worn out the others, and new wave always sends me a credit to replace. Also love the caps, super stretchy, strong and bright. I’m a loyal customer 🏊🏼♀️
As both a coach and an athlete, I love New Wave Swim Buoys! They are super fast and easy to blow up manually and easy to deflate as well. When I'm swimming, it doesn't create excess drag and can be easily adjusted to fit properly. As a coach, I can easily see my athletes/swimmers who are wearing these, even from 1/2 mile away, which makes them easy to spot for other lake/water traffic too.
My open water swimming friends all have this buoy and they love it. I’m in that same camp. Buoy is great. Well built. Makes me feel safer in the ocean and is extra cool because I can carry my stuff. Got the dry pouch as well which has been perfect.
Shipped fast and came in with no issues. Plus I got some extra swag!