Pink New Wave Swim Buoy - Medium 15 Liter PVC
New Wave Open Water Pink Swim Buoy provides:
- Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat. Swimmers in black wet suits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbor seal or scrumptious sea cow or manatee.
- Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
- Very light to bring with you on a paddleboard or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
- Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod, book, snacks, water, gels, cash, credit cards, insurance card, car keys, cell phone, heart-rate monitor, asthma inhaler or allergy medicine, survival kit or a first-aid medical kit, and this list can go on. What would you take with you on a water-journey?
- Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the your safer swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag (just in case water was to get into the storage compartment), you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water for your friends to monitor the progress of your swim remotely.
Dimensions for Medium (24" x 10")
Suggested for swimmers under 190 pounds.
Full Reference Name: Pink PVC 15L Inflatable Pink Swim Buoy Swim Float Dry Bag
Why Swim with a Buoy?
If you are an avid ocean, sea, lake, pond or river swimmer, we strongly encourage you to check out this safety device – New Wave Swim Buoy - as you never know what currents, cramps or other irregularities could occur during your open water swim. Instead of your child using the arm floaties or a kickboard where they will have a horrible positioning of their body for swimming, they could use the New Wave Swim Buoy and thus have a backup solution if they need to take a rest. Just strap the safety product around your waist and get yourself lost in the wonders of the underwater world. Swim trekking, island hopping, open-water orienteering- even if you are an advanced swimmer who is pushing the possibilities of the sport of swimming, taking with you the New Wave Swim Buoy is always a good idea.
Frequently asked questions:
- Medium-15L (23" x 10") is suggested for swimmers up to 190 pounds.
- Large-20L (25" x 12") is suggested for swimmers over 190 pounds, or for those who want to carry more gear.
I got so much more than I bargained for!!! Replay happy with everything I Ordered. Wish I had ordered the googles. I hear they are amazing. Thanks again!
Bright. Durable. Keeps keys & phone etc safe & dry.
Feels safer now when I'm ocean swimming due to bright colour & size of buoy. Comfortable to wear. Great investment!
Thanx for all the extras!
I love the pink tow float. It;s great to be able to take gear for long swims and doesn't bother me towing the float, which I thought it might have.
Also , great how bright they are which is good for being visible for boats and jet skis.
Very good service and FAST delivery.
The goggles, paddles and swim buoy are really good products. The swim buoy adds a lot of confidence when you’re swimming in the ocean/open water.
Unbelievably great service from ordering to speedy delivery to product quality! Better than as promised and they included a great surprise in the package too! Highly recommend! Great for open ocean swimming with wetsuit.